The key to the best night’s sleep of your life? It’s all in a perfect mattress. Sure, other elements, too, like limiting your technology use before bed, relaxed environment, room temperature, and no stress. But at the end of the day, a comfortable, supportive mattress plays a huge role in providing a restful night of slumber.
Therefore, it is essential to invest in a quality mattress for a good night’s sleep and wake up in style the next morning. But how much mileage can you get out of your mattress? Let’s talk about the average lifespan and signs when you may be ready for a mattress upgrade.
How to tell you need to replace your mattress?
Did you know we spend about one-third of our day in bed? So, if you are sleeping on a worn-out mattress, you need to replace it, or you could be robbing yourself of the relaxing night of sleep.
The age of your mattress plays an essential role in determining whether you need a new one. Therefore, even if your mattress comes with a 10-15 year warranty, it will not guarantee that it will last that long. Most mattresses need to be replaced within 7-10 years, and the best judge to this is to listen to your own body.
Even the best quality mattresses wear out in time. You just need to spot the signals, like:
- If you are waking up with any kind of aches, neck or back pain, numbness, or stiffness
- You are tossing and turning too much, interrupting your sleep
- Visible sagging in your mattress or uneven surface
- Old mattresses attract bugs increasing the risk of allergies or asthma
- Your bed’s warranty period has reached its limit, and replacement is necessary
If you see any of the above problems, it’s time to ditch your mattress and get a new one. Of course, there are other factors like quality, upkeep and care, the material of the mattress, frequency of use, brand, sleeping style, and even the weight of the sleeper that can influence longevity.
Even the type of mattress that matters, like innerspring or air mattress, has the shortest lifespan. In contrast, foam spring or memory foam, also known as an orthopedic mattress, lasts 8-10 years with high durability and resistance to sagging. Latex mattresses last the longest, around 10-12 years, and hybrid mattresses last 8-10 years.
But not all mattresses are created equal. Restoria is one of the best mattress brands in India to buy comforters online. Restoria foam spring mattress is designed with the best technology to give you total comfort and exceptional longevity for years to come.
Tips for caring for your mattress to increase longevity
Maintenance and care of your mattress can increase its shelf-life and provide you with the best sleep for years to come. Follow these tips to care for the mattress and maintain it:
- Rotate or flip the mattress to make it feel new, as some sides can sag compared to the rest.
- Cover your mattress to avoid dust or any spills or leaks and wash your linens regularly
- Expose your mattress to proper light and air to help it breathe and feel dry. Leaving it out in the sun every six months or year can prevent any bacteria from getting accumulated.
- Avoid eating on the bed, maintain hygiene, and once in a while, give it a deep cleaning to keep germs or bed bugs at bay.
- Keep your children from bounding on the bed.
- Keep pests away by keeping your pets away from your bed.
- Give your mattress the proper foundation with a sturdy bed.
These simple tips can make your mattress last longer so that you can make the most out of it. Keep in mind from cleaning to prevention, a little care and maintenance of your mattress can help you keep it in good shape, impact your sleep, and help you save money.
Fortunately, Restoria has made it easy to buy mattresses/comforters and pillows online. Now you can find the right quality mattress for you in the comfort of your home easily. Check out now!